Property of the week: Period farmhouse near St Hilary
By Ellyn Wright
18th Feb 2021 | Property of the Week
Looking for a new home in Cowbridge, or just feeling a bit nosy?
Then look no further than our Property Of The Week features, which will be showcasing the most interesting homes for sale right now on our Cowbridge Nub News Property page .
Our property this week is a detached, period Farmhouse close to St Hilary and set within a plot of about 3 acres on the market with Watts and Morgan with a guide price of £950,000.
The property has six bedrooms, four bathrooms (two en suite), four reception rooms and modern kitchen-breakfast room. Also, utility room, cloakroom and dairy/store. Off road parking and garaging. EPC rating: E51
SUMMARYLocated close to the most highly regarded village of St Hilary, a detached, period Farmhouse. Set within a plot of about 3 acres it offers buyers a rarely available opportunity to purchase such a sizable character property with much scope to further improve. Six bedrooms, four bathrooms (two en suite), four reception rooms and modern kitchen-breakfast room. Also, utility room, cloakroom and former dairy / store. Off road parking and garaging.
ABOUT THE PROPERTY
- Located under a mile from the centre of St Hilary Village
- A most impressive, mid Victorian Farmhouse with extensive, spacious living and bedroom accommodation and fine views over surrounding fields and farmland
- It also offers considerable potential for buyers to further improve should they so wish
- Family lounge with woodburner and dining room, both these two rooms enjoy a southerly aspect looking over the front garden
- Also study / playroom
- Second sitting room with open fire linking through to kitchen via glazed doors
- Modern kitchen-breakfast room with granite-topped work surfaces and matching moveable island unit
- Oil-fired Rayburn and integrated appliances to remain
- Close to the kitchen, and accessed from the rear hallway, is a utility room and WC; and a sizeable former dairy with stone-slab work surfaces and providing a great deal of storage
- Six bedrooms and four bathrooms to the first floor
- Two of the bedrooms are en suite, one with a contemporary shower room, the other with an extremely large bathroom with bath and shower
- Set within a plot of about 3 of an acre, The Garn is under a mile from St Hilary Village
- It occupies an superb position looking out over its own gardens and land in a southerly direction over 'The Vale' on to, in the far distance, the Bristol Channel.
- Fronting the property is a lawned garden enjoying a southerly aspect
- Two paddocks are adjoining, each divided from the other by stock proof fencing
- First paddock with stone-and-block built stables including two bays and a tack room / feed store
- Driveway parking and turning area immediately to the rear of the property
- Access into an open double garage space and adjoining store shed
- Walled, enclosed lawn running to the rear of the garage clock and including a separate, freestanding garden store.
View more properties in and around Cowbridge here.