Property of the Week: A breathtaking five-bed home within a beautiful countryside location near Cowbridge
This week's property is a remarkable five-bedroom, four-bathroom home situated within easy access to Cowbridge on the market for £1,650,000.
By Jack Wynn
28th Jul 2022 | Property of the Week
This week's property is a remarkable five-bedroom, four-bathroom home situated within easy access to Cowbridge on the market for £1,650,000 and listed with Watts & Morgan.
Here's what Watts & Morgan has to say about it:
An exceptional family home in this unique setting, conveniently close to Cowbridge yet within a beautiful countryside location. The wonderfully understated and spacious accommodation provides an immense wealth of character yet with all modern conveniences.
Lounge, dining room, kitchen/breakfast room and adjoining family sitting area. Second sitting room, laundry room, boot room, two bedrooms and shower room to the ground floor.
On the first floor, there is a principal suite with a bedroom area, contemporary shower room and walk-in wardrobe; two additional double bedrooms both have use of a stylish bathroom.
Ample parking to a sweeping driveway; detached double garage. Enclosed walled garden to the rear including expansive flagstone-paved terrace opening to a large lawn.
* West House is an exceptional property in this most glorious of locations within the countryside of the northern Vale of Glamorgan yet within easy reach of Cowbridge and a range of facilities.
* Originally the stables for Llansannor Court it has been extended and modernised to offer an immense wealth of character combined with modern conveniences to provide an extremely generous, highly adaptable family home
* A ground-floor entrance hallway has a most impressive bespoke staircase leading to the first-floor bedrooms, and wooden flooring extends into a dining room and through to a family lounge. A cloakroom and WC are accessible from the hallway.
* The lounge, to one end of the property, boasts a particularly impressive Inglenook style fireplace with a heavy mantle beam and wood burner resting on a flagstone hearth. Double doors open from the lounge to a flagstone terrace with a lawn beyond.
* The adjacent dining room enjoys the same view over the garden.
* Stylish, understated bespoke 'Mark Wilkinson' kitchen including a particularly good range of units with solid granite work surfaces atop. Two-oven oil-fired Aga to remain; so too LPG gas hob, electric oven and fully integrated dishwasher.
* There remains ample room in the centre of the kitchen for a family-sized dining table.
Read more about this exceptional property here.